Victoria 3 is the third installment in the Victoria series developed by Paradox Interactive, following Victoria 2 and Victoria: An Empire Under the Sun. Paradox Development Studio invites you to build your ideal society in the tumult of the exciting and transformative 19th century. Balance the competing interests in your society and earn your place in the sun in Victoria 3, one of the most anticipated games in Paradox’s history.
- Lead dozens of world nations from 1836-1936. Agrarian or Industrial, Traditional or Radical, Peaceful or Expansionist... the choice is yours.
- Detailed population groups with their own economic needs and political desires.
- Reform your government and constitution to take advantage of new social innovations, or preserve the stability of your nation by holding fast to tradition in the face of revolutionaries.
- Research transformative new technology or ideas to improve your national situation.
- Expand your industry to take advantage of lucrative goods, taxing the profits to improve national prosperity.
- Import cheap raw materials to cover your basic needs while finding new markets for your finished goods.
- Secure vital goods to fuel your advanced economy and control the fate of empires.
- Balance employing available labor force with the needs for new types of workers.
- Use your diplomatic wiles to weave a tangled global web of pacts, relations, alliances, and rivalries to secure your diplomatic position on the world stage.
- Employ threats, military prowess and bluffs to persuade enemies to back down in conflicts.
- Increase your economic and military strength at the expense of rivals.
- Accumulate prestige and the respect of your rivals as you build an industrial giant at home or an empire abroad.
Main article: Developer diaries
All developer diaries about Victoria III (base game).
|No.||Title and Link||Description||Date|
|43||The American Civil War||.....||2022-04-21|
|39||Shipping Lanes||The purpose and mechanics of ports, trade routes, shipping and convoys||2022-03-24|
|38||Trade Routes & Tariffs||The mechanics of trade, trade laws, treaty ports, and more.||2022-03-17|
|37||Market Expansion||Expansion of markets and the mechanics of Customs Unions.||2022-03-10|
|36||Construction||The construction industry, construction capacity, and the mechanics of building in Victoria III.||2022-03-03|
|35||Decisions & Expeditions||A look at decisions as well as the mechanics behind expeditions.||2022-02-24|
|34||Canals & Monuments||A look at the unique buildings of Monuments and Canals.||2022-02-17|
|33||Decentralized Nations||A deep dive into the non-playable decentralized nations.||2022-02-10|
|32||Colonization||The mechanics and gameplay of colonization.||2022-02-03|
|31||Journal Entries||Journal entries, events, and the content delivery system.||2022-01-27|
|30||User Interface Overview||An overview of the 2D art and the User Interface of Victoria III.||2022-01-20|
|29||User Experience||A deep dive into the user experience including nested tooltips, charts, tutorials, and accessibility.||2022-01-13|
|28||Flags||A look at flags and the dynamic flag generation.||2021-12-16|
|27||Technology||The new technology system.||2021-12-09|
|26||Peace Deals||Bilateral peace deals and how to negotiate an end to wars.||2021-12-02|
|25||The Cost of War||The cost of warfare and how Victoria III models the long-lasting effects of conflict.||2021-11-25|
|24||Navies and Admirals||Navies and their strategic importance.||2021-11-18|
|23||Fronts and Generals||The core mechanics of land warfare: Fronts, Generals, Battalions, and Mobilization.||2021-11-11|
|22||The Concept of War||A discussion on the design pillars of Warfare in Victoria III.||2021-11-04|
|21||Diplomatic Plays||A first look into Diplomatic Plays, the signature diplomatic feature in Victoria III.||2021-10-28|
|20||Diplomatic Actions||The types of diplomatic actions that a country can undertake.||2021-10-21|
|19||Relations and Infamy||National relations, infamy, and strategic interests.||2021-10-14|
|18||Rank & Prestige||National rankings and the mechanic of prestige.||2021-10-07|
|17||Migration||Intra-market and mass migration, and how migrants are attracted.||2021-09-30|
|16||States||A deeper dive into States, the main political and geographical unit in Victoria III.||2021-09-23|
|15||Slavery||The representation of slavery in Victoria III.||2021-09-16|
|14||Political Movements||Political movements and how Pops make demands to the government.||2021-09-09|
|13||Standard of Living||The standard of living system, wealth, Pop needs, and consumption.||2021-09-02|
|12||Treasury||National income, expenses, gold reserves, and debt.||2021-08-26|
|11||Employment and Qualifications||Pop professions, how and why Pops change professions.||2021-08-19|
|10||Infrastructure||A brief overview of state infrastructure and market access.||2021-08-12|
|9||National Markets||An introduction to the National Market system.||2021-08-05|
|8||Institutions||Institutions, bureaucracy, and government services.||2021-07-29|
|7||Laws||The categories of laws and an overview of legal reform.||2021-07-22|
|6||Interest Groups||Interest groups and how they form the core of Victoria III's political gameplay.||2021-07-01|
|5||Production Methods||The production methods mechanic and how it ties into buildings.||2021-06-24|
|4||Goods||Explaining goods and how they interact with the world of Victoria III.||2021-06-17|
|3||Buildings||A first look at buildings.||2021-06-10|
|2||Capacities||Explaining capacities, the four main "currencies" of Victoria III.||2021-06-03|
|1||Pops||An overview of population mechanics.||2021-05-27|
|0||The Vision||The vision for Victoria III.||2021-05-21|