Treaty of London (1864)
Treaty of London (1864) is a decision available to United Kingdom relating the fate of the Ionian Islands. It is not to be confused with Treaty of London a decision available to the Netherlands. Unlike the similar decisions like Seward's Icebox (annexing Hawaii) and End the Merina Monarchy (annexing Madagascar), it can be taken if Ionian Islands are controlled by a player, and is therefore a significantly bigger risk to a player controlled Ionian Islands.
- At peace
- Have invented 'Nationalism and Imperialism'
- That Greece exists and Ionian Islands exists and is a puppet of United Kingdom
- United Kingdom does not have a truce with Greece
- Greece inherits Ionian Islands
- +50 relations with Greece
- +50 influence with Greece
- 10 prestige
- -4 Infamy
It is a good decision to take as long as one have above 4 infamy, as Ionian Islands are not worth a lot compared to what can be taken for the infamy. At the 1861 starting date, it can be taken from day one.
The Ionian Islands had been an amicable protectorate of The United Kingdom ever since the end of the Napoelonic Wars. In 1862 the protectorate was deemed too expensive to maintain, and the islands were, after two years negotiations, ceded to Greece.