Hey all, after being frustrated at the lack of information about the changes to siege, I went ahead and did quite a bit of research. I learned a lot, but I'd like some help nailing down a couple pieces of information:
- The exact amount of a fort's effect: my data for level one and two pointed to something closer to 80% per level, but level three was about 225%. Because of the difficulty of setting an enemy up with gobs of forts, it took too long to get enough data to clarify this, especially considering how random the time to occupy is.
- I can say with 100% certainty that using a 6-recon unit in a stack gives you way faster occupation times than a 1-recon unit. I'd still like some people to verify that it's simple multiplication, but my data implies that.
- As a bonus third piece, if anyone wants to give Siege units on provinces without forts a second look, I wouldn't complain. My data was pretty clear for most values, though the difference I got for a few runs of 3 Recon/3 Siege and 3 Recon/0 Siege raised a red flag. All other combinations I tested showed no effect from Siege though.
I swear, this would have been so much easier with an "average time to occupy" tooltip. And completely unnecessary with a tooltip that broke down how it arrived at that time to occupy.
To me, occupation is what happens after a province has been taken, while siege is the actual process of taking it, as described in the article. Would "siege" be a better title? Kimberly (talk) 16:41, 28 April 2013 (CEST)
- Maybe; I can't remember what it's referred to as in the game. ~ Meneth (talk) 16:47, 28 April 2013 (CEST)
- It's referred to as occupation, which is why I chose that for the page name. Also, the heavy use of the terminology "Siege", from Engineers and Tanks, would be confusing. Imagine, "in a siege, the Siege value of your army only matters if the target province has a fort." I think a redirect from siege to this article would be good, because I know a lot of people will search for information about "sieges", but I don't know how to set that up.
- Sounds to me like Occupation is the most appropriate name then. Redirected sieges and occupations here (siege was already redirected); even if we do decide to move it, redirects are extremely easy to update (there's a maintenance script that fixes all double redirects in under a second). ~ Meneth (talk) 17:55, 28 April 2013 (CEST)
What about occupied territories?
- Does successful occupation give prestige points?
- Does the country of an occupied territory gets resources and taxation from it?
- Are the occupied territories give income through taxes to an occupant?