Jump to navigation Jump to search
The HOD update
Hey all, I went through and updated this page, since a lot about the units changed with HOD. I have a couple of concerns:
- First of all, everyone with the time and patience, please go through and make sure I got the numbers right. I did my best, but I'm only one editor.
- Under supply costs, I put the full amount. Should this be rounded off at some point? The game only shows three decimal points for the army.
- If I had my way, I would have replaced the "attack" and "defense" columns with their respective "Combat Damage" columns that would show you exactly how well this unit would fare in combat. Instead, I put in the Average Damage column. Maybe it could be better if I put in Attack Damage and Defense Damage?
- Holy cow are artillery and planes scary. Did Paradox mean for the base ten damage to be multiplied by the Support %? Because right now, it definitely is.
- I commend you for your research. :) It's certainly something I would never do. I think the tables should, above all, strive to communicate information that is relevant to the player. So I would agree that "attack damage" is more useful than just "attack", which is then transformed in some arcane way to actual damage. I don't think we need to round off the supply costs, if the unrounded value is what is actually used. As for artillery and planes...is that actual, experimental data? Because damn, that is scary. Maybe you should inform Paradox. On a different note, might it be an idea to show a base value, with no tech bonuses at all? Might be useful for modders, or just to calculate ahead. Kimberly (talk) 01:58, 4 May 2013 (CEST)
- It wasn't so much research, as I'd usually term it. Just looking at the base numbers, and adding in each invention when it comes into being. I actually had a Base Value table, but the information is contained in plain text files on everyone's hard drive if modders want to see it.
- I didn't test the artillery and planes at such extreme numbers, but going from 200% support to 250% support on artillery increases the damage it deals by 25%, when it was already dealing the same extra damage one would expect if a unit with 16 Attack was helping beat down on someone (i.e. it went from a 16 to a 22.5). If someone wanted to verify how horrific artillery can become I'd be glad, but it works with what I know. If the Support % just worked on the stat, it would have been fighting as a 6 and go to a 7.5.
- And I caught a mistake of my own. For some reason, I got it in my head that Artillery got a +25% support when Engineers did. I'll fix it, but it doesn't take away much of their hurt. :-P