Modding, or creating mods, is the act of modifying the behavior of the base game (often referred as vanilla), either for personal use, or to release publicly to other players. As for all Paradox games, Victoria II is moddable to a great extent.
Motivations of modders may vary widely: better translation to native language, more events or decisions, better map, major overhaul, etc.
Modding is not magic or heresy, anybody can learn to build a mod, and this guide is intended to lower the entry barriers to the world of Vicky 2 modding.
Yet, however good the documentation, there is still a learning curve to it, and it cannot replace the need to read some working vanilla code, and do lots of trial & error experimentations!
- Full list of effects
- List of conditions
- Full list of scopes
- Modifier effects
- Countries list - Basic info on all countries in the vanilla game, including country tags
- Province IDs - A list of all the provinces in the vanilla game, including province ids and resources
- default.map - Some information about the what the map file contains
Tools & utilities
- The Validator - Find errors quickly and with minimal pain!
- Java Save Game Replayer
- Scenario Editor and Map Viewer
- Windowed mode instructions