Manifest Destiny is a decision available for United States of America. It gives cores on states of Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Colorado, Oregon, Nevada-Utah, California and Arizona. Therefore, it allows United States to acquire a lot of land without infamy. It also decreases relations and influence on Mexico, and raises consciousness in the country.
All in all it is one of the most powerful decisions in the entire game.
- Must be the USA
- Must not have previously made this decision
- Romanticism is researched
- Prestige is at least 50
- Texas does not exist
- Austin, Texas is not owned by Mexico
The two lasts requirements are usually fulfilled by Texas winning the indepence war and they apply for statehood.
- USA's influence on Mexico is reduced to hostile (-500)
- USA's relations with Mexico are changed by -250
- Every POP in USA gains 2 consciousness
- States of Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Colorado, Oregon, Nevada-Utah, California and Arizona are now USA's cores
The requirements regarding Texas and Houston basically means, that if Texas loses the war of independence against Mexico, Manifest Destiny cannot be taken. If Texas is not at war, is independent and have good relations with USA, they will apply for Statehood, which if accepted will satisfy the conditions for Manifest Destiny.